Useful links & numbers

Useful links and phone numbers
Page updated 21/11/2017

The Police
In case of an emergency which requires immediate support, call 999
For non-emergency reports or enquiries, call 101 or use
the police report webpage
Link to our local Campden ward police team
Link to crime report map for the CTRAA area
Link to crime report map for the Campden ward
Link to Online Watch Link, a service delivering local crime alerts by email
Thames Water
Report low water pressure: 0800 316 9800
Status map showing known leaks
(fill in your postcode and check before calling)
Report a leak by phone: 0800 714 614
Report a leak online:
click here
Refuse collection
Streetline: 020-7361 3001 (8.30am - 5.30pm)
To complain about rubbish collection online,
click here.
Collection of household waste in our area is done Mondays and Thursdays.
Clear recycling bags (packs of 18) are delivered every three months to all residents. Additional bags can be picked up at the Town Hall reception desk or ordered here. For recycling items not accepted in the clear bags, check this link.
Collection of bulky waste: To order and pay for a 'Too Big for the Bin' collection (cost £31.10 for 10 items), call Streetline on 020 7361 3001 (8.30am - 5.30pm). It is no longer possible to book this service on line.
Instead of throwing away still functioning furniture and other items, why not donate items that are re-usable?
Staying First's furniture recycling arm Furnish, promoted by the council. They charge £24.30 to collect up to eight items, which they then sell in their shop as a way to finance the activities of Staying First (which is run by Shepherds Bush Housing Group). Alternatively, one can offer things to others via the Kensington and Chelsea Freecycle network - a sort of give-away eBay.
Garden waste. After having tried to close down this service in late 2016, the council reopened it in April 2017 and has promised too run it until 31 March 2018. After that, we'll see… To take part in the council's fortnightly garden waste collection service, one must register and pay £65 for a year's collection online or by calling 020 7341 5199 (Monday-Friday 9.30am - 4.30pm). However, as the service only runs until 31 March 2018, new subscribers will only pay for the remaining number of months. Alternatively, one can order single larger garden waste collections via the same phone number. This cost £120 and cover a collection of up to 20 reusable garden waste bags.
Both garden waste and bulky waste can also be taken to the
Western Riverside Waste Authority at Smugglers Way (south of the river, west of Wandsworth Bridge). This is free of charge for RBKC residents. More information here.
Noise and nuisance
Environmental Healthline (24 hours): 020-7361 3002
The council’s noise and nuisance team operates 24 hours a day and responds to calls about things like noisy neighbours, disturbing building or road works, and disturbing burglar or car alarms.
Animal warden services
Streetline: 020-7361 3001 (8.30am - 5.30pm)

This is the number to call if you want to report dog fouling or problems with dogs or other animals.
Lost dogs and cats
If you have lost or found a dog or cat, you can call the
Battersea Dogs and Cats Home’s Lost Dogs & Cats Line for assistance: 020-7627 9245. Open 8am - 7pm seven days a week. For contained stray dogs, the council's animal warden service can also be contacted, at 020-7361 3001 (8.30am - 5.30pm)
Roads & pavements
Streetline: 020-7361 3001 (8.30am - 5.30pm) or email
To report faulty street lights online,
click here
To report litter, fly tipping or dog fouling online,
click here
To report blocked street drains online,
click here
To report potholes or damaged pavements online,
click here
To report abandoned cars or bicycles online,
click here
To report graffiti and flyposting online,
click here
Please note: The RBKC Local Services app, downloadable here for iPhones and iPads and here for Android phones and tablets, can also be used for reporting all the above things. Very convenient when spotting something while out and about.
Resident parking permit problems and renewals: 020-7361 4381
Information about removed cars: 0845 206 8 602
The form for applying for a resident parking permit the first time,
can be found here
To apply for permit renewal online (pin and reference number needed),
click here
To apply for a parking suspension online,
click here
For advice on tree works, contact the council‘s arboricultural section: 020-7361 2767.
To report a dangerous tree, email or call 020 7361 3012 (8.30am - 5.30pm).
To report non-urgent overhanging trees online,
click here
Parking suspensions for skips and scaffolding
Applying for a permit online,
click here.
Complaints: 020-7361 3001 (8.30am - 5.30pm)
To report a dangerous building or structures
Call 020-7361 3838 Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Call 020-7937 3000 at nights, weekends and holidays

The council's email notification services
Within its MyRBKC service, the council operates a very good email notification system, where one can subscribe to information about upcoming street works and parking suspensions, new planning applications and/or decisions, new licensing applications, new tree applications and/or decisions, and a list of the council's upcoming key decisions (the "Forward Plan").
To subscribe to any of the council's email notification services, create a MyRBKC account by clicking here.